Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – Portland, OR
Purpose: The Chief Financial Officer will lead the finance department while organizing strategy around key financial decisions. Candidate will be a part of the Executive Team and work alongside the CEO, EVP, and VP of Marketing implementing the company’s long and short-term strategy.
Reports to: CEO
- Implementing structure of finance department while providing financial analysis to better inform leadership of strategic decisions
- COGS definition and structure
- Implementation of IT department
- Implementation of HR department
- Help drive company towards B Corp certification
- Manage working capital and cash
- Debt issuance and management
- Equity issuances
- Cash management
- Working capital management
- Leadership and development of finance and AR for continued employee growth
- Work in tandem with leadership, board members, to align with company goals
- Strong communication skills
- External financial accounting / reporting
- Banking, external audit, and investor relations
- Evaluate risk, regulation, and internal programs
- Manage insurance programs
- Execute tax planning and preparation
- Ensure regulatory compliance at all times
Candidate should have:
- MBA in business, management, accounting, finance or work equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in operational finance
- Effective collaborator and able to drive the strategic plan forward while being a team player
- Strong communicator, both oral and written skills
- Advanced analytical skills, ability to see patterns, and be a swift decision maker to turn a vision into an operational model
- Commitment to company’s values and ability work within the confines of paradigm while still pushing the envelope forward
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.