Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Director of Operations – Tualatin, OR
Purpose: This position will be responsible for the creation & implementation of advanced systems and processes that aid in the production / fulfillment of Brew Dr Kombucha. The candidate will manage the production team and work with the VP of Operations, Director of Technical Services, and the Director of Business Operations to ensure smooth rollouts of new technology platforms for a high velocity company.
Reports to: VP of Operations
- Strategic thinking to abate challenges in rapid growth phase
- Oversee operations in multiple production facilities
- Oversee bottling operations
- Oversee implementation of new equipment and train current staff on machines
- Manage the hiring and balance of temporary employees
The Basics for the Position:
- Strong production & managerial background
- Knowledge of beverage industry including procurement and production planning
- Ability to learn basic fermentation science for production understanding
- Strong inventory management and logistics planning skills
- Strong written / oral skills
- Position is based at our Tualatin brewery
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year institution or workplace equivalent
- 5+ years in beverage industry as analyst or manager
- Strong references from previous employer
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.