Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: East Coast Region Sales Director
Purpose: Lead sales efforts for the BDK brand family in key account management, distributor management, and retail execution.
Reports to: Marty Wall – Executive Vice President of Business Development
- Build plans to execute the strategic plan on a territory and brand level. Position will have overall responsibility for growing total territory points of distribution.
- Manage the regional sales team and execute our strategic plan while meeting the needs of our wholesale and retail customers.
- Must ensure team achieves growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage team in all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Establish distributor relations, attend launches, and grow distributor relationship.
- Complete applicable reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Develop team as necessary, ensuring salespeople are maximizing efforts in the field.
At Retail – Work with team to ensure the following goals are consistently met:
- Manage the headquarter calls at all regional grocery chain accounts.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space and share of cold box.
- Improve BDK location to either #1 or #2 in every account. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, building displays, end caps, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, waitstaff/bartender education seminars.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist in distributor BDK and Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages, etc. by doing ride alongs / ride withs.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Build trimester plan for your region, break out the expected revenue by territory and build a forecast for expected revenue, volume, and expense management within your region
For Consumer Accounts and Customers:
- Follow Through is #1. Always deliver what you promise.
- Perform samplings, tastings, and evening promotions as needed.
The Basics for the Position:
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office.
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift and move cases and kegs of kombucha / BDK products frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale.
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.