Company Profile: The Townshend Group is made up of Townshend’s Tea Company, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Townshend’s Distillery. Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha, in its 8thyear of business, and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. The Distillery makes unique and tasty spirits from the alcohol that is removed from Brew Dr. Kombucha.
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Purpose: The EHS Manager will be responsible for promoting a safe and healthy work environment for all brands, and to ensure regulatory compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations at a federal, state and local level.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, regulatory compliance, and relevant EHS initiatives.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company EHS policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide personnel with comprehensive and relevant information and training on EHS systems and procedures, including advising on equipment purchase and workplace practices.
- Design and deliver training sessions on key areas of production activity in relation to EHS and support the delivery of other training programs, including new hire onboarding and monthly safety meeting topics.
- Work with employees, Human Resources, and insurer to manage workers’ compensation claims and reduce injuries.
- Ensure the company meets regulatory compliance obligations with federal and state OSHA/EPA.
- Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with operations, plant managers, supervisors and production personnel, and employees at all locations.
- Inform plant managers and supervisors on matters relating to environmental, health and safety, and provide possible solutions.
- Support the company’s mission to provide a safe and healthy work environment
Candidate should have:
- +5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety
- Flexibility to be on call or work off hours as need, including (but not limited to) traveling to our regional locations 20% of the time
- Previous experience working with local regulatory agencies is preferred
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery,Townshend’sTea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment toauthenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very importantto us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors toexecute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.