Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Purpose: This position will be responsible for creation & implementation of advanced systems and process to aid in the overall business operations.
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
- The help desk technician will provide technical advice and support to help people use computer software and hardware effectively.
- The help desk technician administers and maintains information technology systems.
- Provides IT operations functions to offices for the organization’s standard hardware, software and voice/data network solutions.
- Responsible for the purchase, installation, and life-cycle maintenance of PCs, servers and network connectivity equipment.
- As appropriate, provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Acts as the primary point of communication between IT and operating, business and functional units.
- Responsible for maintenance of systems documentation such as IT operations manuals.
- Provides new staff with PC/account setup and orientation.
- Accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/on installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring data backups in offices to ensure that they are completed on a regular basis.
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards.
- Provide functional and transactional ERP system support to purchasing, production, distribution, billing, customer order entry & inquiry.
- Assist in developing technical, user, and training material for ERP system.
The Basics for the Position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with sales employees and store personnel.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, including evenings when required.
- Travel to Portland and Tualatin locations.
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Professional certifications as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently prioritizes responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- A registered, insured and dependable vehicle
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.