Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 10th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Inventory Control Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time Salaried Exempt (Not overtime eligible)
Reports to: Financial Controller
Purpose: The Inventory Control Accountant will be responsible for accurate statement of inventory items in the company’s financial statements. The position will work cross-functionally with departments and vendors across all Townshend Group locations, and third-party facilities, to ensure inventory is properly tracked and reconciled.
- Monitor and review inventory transactions on a daily basis, identifying any irregularities. Provide monthly reconciliation of inventory sub-ledger to the general ledger inventory accounts.
- Ensure all items are properly inputted into ERP system, including costs.
- Establish and plan a counting methodology that is appropriate for the business.
- Review results of monthly, quarterly and annual physical inventory, developing metrics to understand transaction activities.Assist with interpretation of results to enhance operational processes and reliability of quantities in the system.
- Troubleshoot any potential negative inventory transactions in support of the daily invoicing process.
- Actively build relationships with Operations leadership to ensure that Inventory Control is considered a stakeholder in key decisions and strategies
- Coordinate a reporting process on the following metrics for each facility:
- Detailed analysis of inventory adjustments and associated root cause and correction
- Potential inefficiencies in existing operations processes
- Collaborate with supply chain team to define, prioritize, and sequence near-term and long-range initiatives impacting inventory accuracy and the internal control framework
- Provide monthly analysis of inventory variances. Research inventory discrepancies and recommend solutions to management.
- Provide management with timely and accurate inventory and production reports at month end for financial reporting.
- Responsible for the daily adjustments and activities that occur in all facilities. Ensure that proper procedures are adhered to and that adjustments are made in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare product cost information for new and existing products for pricing review
- Participate in various projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed
The Basics for the Position:
- Knowledge of inventory count processes
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficiency in data entry and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and employees
- Ability to work 40 hours/week
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field.
- Experience working with ERP, Microsoft Office Programs
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Townshend’s Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.