Company Profile: Townshend’s Tea Company sprung from the idea that the various ways in which people enjoy great tea should be brought together under one roof, in a comfortable and inviting community-oriented space. We now operate four teahouses in the Portland Metro area, two in Eugene, one in Bend, and have also expanded to Utah and Montana.
Job Title: Inventory Supply Manager
Purpose: We are in search of an organized, energized, and experienced leader to manage and maximize the efficiency of our inventory supply processes, both incoming and outgoing. This person will be instrumental to the operation of Townshend’s Tea, and will lead a small team in accomplishing the tasks outlined below.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Inventory and Internal Supply
- Management of internal inventory processing
- Ordering and stocking selected tea and merchandise, minimizing COGs through efficient order placement, reporting order discrepancies
- Keeping a clean and organized inventory supply room and adhering to state and federal regulations
- Disseminating tea and merchandise to Townshend’s Teahouse locations – excellent communication with Teahouse managers is paramount; timely fulfilment of teahouse orders, accurate tracking and accounting is required
- Developing a system for accurate record-keeping of all incoming and outgoing goods. Engaging in clear and timely reporting of purchases, transfers, and sales to Townshend’s financial team
- Work alongside marketing team to implement sales, banner ads, inventory updates, and minor website changes
- Respond to customer order inquiries
- Packaging – Maximize efficiency of packaging processes, material sourcing and processing costs, manage processing team including scheduling and payroll
This position supervises a small online and wholesale order packaging team
- Hiring, training, and evaluating staff
- Assigning tasks
- Scheduling and managing payroll to maintain efficient production while supporting hours through sales
- Maintaining a positive and creative environment that encourages hard work, openness, and clear communication
- Schedule and manage delivery drivers
The Basics for the Position:
- A passion for understanding and enjoying Tea, and a special fondness for Townshend’s in particular!
- A demonstrable ability to understand and appreciate the customer, and to be able to serve and respond to online customer inquiries with grace and timeliness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position controls the influx, storage, and output of 200+ different products, therefore, organizational skills are required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
Candidate should have:
- Must have 2-4 years of experience in a comparable position and/or relevant educational background
- 2 years of leadership / supervisory experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Physical Demands – Receiving and organizing product requires the lifting and carrying of heavy objects. Filling and packaging orders requires stooping, bending, and standing for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions with hands and wrists to fold boxes and fill teas. Ability to lift 50lbs
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.