Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Tualatin Janitor
Purpose: Ensure all building areas are kept clean and free of debris at all times.
Reports to: Tualatin Plant Manager
- Sweep plant daily
- Wash floors of plant at least once a week
- Check for spiderwebs daily
- Remove cardboard and other miscellaneous material throughout entire plant
- Ensure exterior grounds are inspected and cleaned at least twice per week
- Keep all docks clean and free of debris
- Clean windows monthly or as needed
- Empty all building trash and recycling containers daily
- Clean and stock handwashing sinks daily
- Wash tanks as needed
- Wash dishes in break room daily
The Basics for the Position:
- Available to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Frequently lift up 50 lb boxes, using proper lifting techniques.
- Always be aware of your surroundings (Forklifts, and pallet jacks constantly moving around the warehouse)
- Follow uniform/clothing guidelines, wear hairnets (or baseball cap) & eye protection as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Follow GMP
Candidate should have:
- Positive attitude, and a team mentality
- A desire to learn, and have fun
- A general understanding of the process we use to make our Kombucha
- High school diploma
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.