Job Title: Maintenance Technician Assistant
Purpose: Help Maintenance Technician keep both Portland and Tualatin plants running properly and efficiently. Keep equipment and facility maintained in order to reduce downtime.
Reports to: Maintenance Technician, Plant Manager, VP of Operations
- Perform routine maintenance
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery
- Assist in assembly, installation, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment
- Record type and cost of maintenance and repair work
- Operate forklifts and powered pallet jacks
- Follow GMP
The Basics for the Position:
- 1-2 years of related equipment maintenance experience with GAI mono blocks, pumps, chillers, cooling towers, refrigeration systems, steam and water boilers
- Forklift certification preferred
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Follow instructions well and be detail orientated
- Time management
- Creative problem solving
Candidate should have:
- Mechanically inclined
- 1 year maintenance experience
- Must have valid state driver’s license and vehicle to commute between Tualatin & SE Portland.
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.