Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Purpose: This position will be responsible for processing payroll and answering general employee questions regarding payroll, benefits, paystubs and withholdings.
Reports to: Financial Controller
- Analyze, prepare and input information to produce accurate bi-weekly payroll in ADP Workforce Now for 200 + employees.
- Generate and run custom payroll and employee benefit reports for management
- Maintain related records, file tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, process involuntary deductions, such as levies and garnishments.
- Ensure tax filings by state are appropriately maintained.
- Process workers compensation claims
- Work with managements to ensure the time clock reports are correct.
- Audit payroll registers and ensure taxable fringe benefits are accounted for including relocation, car allowance, etc.
- Input all new hires, terminations, pay changes, updates, and corrections to employee and payroll records
- Completes wage verifications as requested by government agencies and other parties.
- Reconcile and arrange payment for monthly billing statements for all benefit plans.
- Support HR to administer Heath, Dental, Short-term Disability and Retirement Plans.
The Basics for the Position:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and employees
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, including evenings when required.
- Ability to manage highly confidential / proprietary information.
- Solid experience in ADP strongly desired
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Professional certifications as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently prioritizes responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.