Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Cellar Hand
Purpose: The Cellar Hand will be part of the cellar crew as the PM shift, responsible for safe and efficient movement of product within the facility.
Reports to: Cellar Master, Production Coordinator
- Tank cleaning
- Bottling tank filling and carbonation
- Carbonation and pH testing
- General cleaning and stocking – floors, sani-buckets, sprayers, transfers
- Move pallets from one place to another
- Assist the team, and Team Leaders with various tasks throughout the day.
- Operating forklifts and powered pallet jacks to move material as needed
The Basics for the Position:
- Available to work 10:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, 3-4 hrs continuously
- Frequently lift up 50 lb boxes, using proper lifting techniques.
- Always be aware of your surroundings (Forklifts, and pallet jacks constantly moving around the warehouse)
- Follow uniform/clothing guidelines, wear hairnets & eye protection as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Follow GMP
Candidate should have:
- Positive attitude, and a team mentality
- A desire to learn, and have fun
- A general understanding of the process we use to make our Kombucha.
- High school diploma
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.