Job Title: SOCAL AREA SALES MANAGER – ORANGE COUNTY & SAN DIEGO AREA
Purpose: Sell BDK & Townshend’s Tea products by maintaining and expanding customer base; working with distributors; supporting events, demos and marketing efforts.
Reports to: SW REGION SALES DIRECTOR
- Sales Manager will be responsible for growing total territory points of distribution. Must achieve growth targets and account visits.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events as necessary.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space and share of cold box.
- Improve BDK location to either #1 or #2 in every account. Secure a second point of distribution in the store, building displays, end caps, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular route/call pattern to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotional activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide BDK and Kombucha education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, wait staff/bartender education seminars.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist in distributor BDK and Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages, etc. by doing ride alongs / ride withs.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Ensure all equipment is ready to go out into the trade (i.e., stickers placed on refrigerators, etc.).
- Call on accounts independently; sell BDK products, fill out daily report and summarize the day via email to distributor DM and your Regional BDK Sales Manager and Director of Sales.
For Consumer Accounts and Customers:
- Follow Through is #1. Always deliver what you promise.
- Perform samplings, tastings, and evening promotions as needed.
The Basics for the Position:
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office.
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift and move cases and kegs of kombucha / BDK products frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org