Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Supply Chain Director
Purpose: The Supply Chain Director will lead the Supply Chain function for Brew Dr. Kombucha, including demand/supply planning, inventory control, distribution, production planning, and logistics.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop strong cross functional relationships in order to deliver on growth and service levels. Additionally, this role is critical inthe development of supply plans and managing product inventories to meet the company’s strategic business objectives, ensure superior service and support profitability goals.
Reports to: VP of Operations
- Implement and lead the supply chain organization and functions; lead a team of demand and supply planners, production planning, and logistics
- Develop, implement and continuously refine demand planning, procurement, supplier management and logistics
- Work with the marketing team to facilitate smooth and timely transitions for packaging needs while reducing waste
- Oversee customer packaging/labeling specifications and requirements to enable smooth launch into new markets
- Ensure cost effective supply chain with exceptional service levels
- Work with sales, operations and demand planning teams
- Develop forecasting, inventory management and supplier capacity management to ensure optimum and cost-effective product availability
- Refine and strengthen the order management system, implement best practices and improve process efficiencies
- Oversee all aspects of procurement, supplier development, sourcing, collaboration and management
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships to ensure supply, performance and visibility to supplier capacity to avoid supply chain shortages
- Scale the logistics network as needed as the brand continues to grow
- Set supply chain metrics and goals
- Set and articulate the supply chain vision in work streams, resources, timing, objectives and systems
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, 4-year institution
- Strong knowledge of Demand/Supply Planning along with strong financial and inventory systems knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience in a growing manufacturing environment; beverage experience a plus
- Strong systems knowledge, specifically; Microsoft Excel, ERP/DRP/MRP software
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.