Job Title: Vice President of Marketing
Purpose: Manage the company’s portfolio of brands, including Townshend’s Tea, Brew Dr. Kombucha and Thomas & Sons Distillery by developing brand awareness and equity through product, packaging, positioning and consumer programs.
Reports to: EVP of Business Development – Marty Wall
- Lead Townshend’s Tea’s branded portfolio of products.
- Develop a master brand portfolio strategy to accelerate the growth of the company’s branded portfolio to meet sales and revenue objectives and identify key strategies to bring the brand positioning to life. The plan should improve product quality, brand awareness, relevancy to the consumer target, identification of new targets and/or new product platforms.
- Develop strategic and annual operating plan processes with cross-functional partners (Sales, Operations, Finance etc.) to create the portfolio/brand plan and budget. Annual operating plan includes strategies and tactics across the P&L, sales targets, trade spending, COGS goals and SG&A investment.
- Oversee and coordinate all marketing activities for the portfolio, including advertising, promotion, marketing budget management, etc.
- Manage creative department and processes to develop all assets that bring brand positioning to life: packaging, interactive, social media, collateral, POS, and other visual materials.
- Leverage deep consumer understanding and brand positioning to optimize current products, develop new products, packaging, and consumer programs, including defining the role of public relations and trade promotion.
- Develop innovation strategy and lead new product development.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Monitor business activity (brand performance, consumer insights & trends, sales volume, competitive activity, budget, etc.) and make ongoing recommendations and adjustments to tactical plan to deliver annual goals.
- Collaborate with sales partners in the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies, trade promotion programs, channel segmentation and management, category management and salesforce education.
- Track, measure and analyze marketing and business performance in support of financial and brand objectives.
- Own and deliver the P&L objectives, including top line and bottom line objectives.
- Develop digital marketing and e-Commerce core capability
- Coordinate and deploy strategic approach to social media, CRM and e-Commerce initiatives across brand portfolio.
- Manage agency partners support for digital marketing and e-Commerce programs.
The Basics for the Position:
- Proven experience with people management, project and department management is required, including responsibility for developing business plans, market forecasts, and budget management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Highly experienced in working with industry data; leveraging SPINS, IRI or Nielsen data
- Excellent understanding of consumer marketing
- This is a “hands-on” role, must be able to create and execute
- Highly experienced with social media, on-line advertising/marketing
- New product development experience
- Strong agency relationships
- Excellent leader and team builder
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or another related field and 8-10 years of related experience and/or training
- Prior experience working with products in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org